This morning I got up early to go running. When I got outside the sun was soooooo bright. I felt a little like one of the animals on 'Lion King' as they were 'blinking step into the sun' on their way to Pride Rock. I could barely see and am quite happy I didn't trip over my shoes on my way down the stairs. The reason I am blogging this is because it totally took me back to my country girls days. For a few summers in H.S. my mom's good friend had a raspberry patch and we were volunteered to pick them very early in the morning. This was a little more than a patch, it was about the size of Herriman (OK, so I am exaggerating). I actually I have a lot of good memories from those awful early mornings and there were a lot of kids that got up early (or their parents grabbed them by the hair and drug them to the patch) to pick as well which helped on the keep things lively. There were a few "funny guys" that would bring a disc man (those were so cool) and sing with everything they had for the shear purpose of entertaining the rest of us. I guess it wasn't that bad once I got there seeing how I really only have good memories of it.
I love when summer time comes. It makes me remember all of the the fun I had growing up. I also love country music in the summer time as well. I guess because it goes so well with driving a tractor or weeding or driving around all with trash with my feet hanging out the window. Last Summer I drove with the girls to Idaho all by myself and found an old CD that had a ton of good "summer songs" on it. I was totally 10 years younger on that trip.
So realize this is all over the place. I just love this time of year. It is so fresh and new and sunshiny (finally). And my early morning outing really sparked my memory!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Flashback
Posted by Jane Clark at 8:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment