Today I turned 28. I can hardly believe it but it is true. Darin took the day off and we shopped. He was actually a good sport about it and was tons of help with the kids so it was actually fun for me. I have needed new running shoes and I wanted to have that whole foot analysis done so I could get a really good shoe for my foot. I am super flat-footed so it is somewhat necessary to have a good shoe to run in. I had heard of a place from my running buddy that does it and that is a little less expensive than most of the running shops so we stopped there first. It was really weird because when we got to the door it was locked during business hours. Darin saw a man in the store so he knocked on the window and the dude just looked at him so we got in our car. The man came out of the store and told us we could come in I thought something seemed fishy about it but we went in anyway. When we got in there there were like several people in there shopping or acting like they were. It was all really uncomfortable. I walked in first holding Mad and made contact with a few of the men and immediately turned to Darin and said lets go. D was like don't you want to look around but was just ready to go. The men....lets just say there was something not right going on. As I turned to go out the door we had come through there was no handle to go out. We had to walk around the counter which was huge to get to the exit. Which meant that we had to walk right by the scary people. So we walked in, around the counter and out the other door. Darin said (I didn't see this) that one of the men as we were walking out was walking very quickly toward us, which creeps me out. When we got outside Darin yelled at Maile to run ahead of him with some serious panic in his voice. Later he told me that he thought that dude was right behind us and he thought he was going to have to king fu his @$$!! Thankfully he wasn't because I am not sure Darin knows kung fu and because who knows what would've happened. I am so glad we were able to get out of there. It was so scary!! It makes me wonder what in the world was going on in there.
On a lighter note, from there we went to Wasatch Running where I got lots of tips and a great pair of very expensive running shoes. I am super excited to try them out. Maybe they will make me super fast. From there we did some other shopping but I didn't find what I was looking for. Of course when I have the money I can't find what I want. We had a family thing to go to for D's family and then came home for cake. Darin made me homemade German Chocolate cake which is my favorite thing in the whole wide world. The girls insisted that we sing and blow out candles. I could only find 2 candles but it didn't matter to them as long as there was something to blow out they were happy. Madalyn is really into possessions lately so every time someone said something about it being Mom's birthday she would pipe in in her angry voice and say "My birthday" I thought it was funny so I would egg her on by telling her it was my birthday. Now I know why Maile does it, it was kinda fun. :) Anyway, the cake was delish and I ate too much of it and will probably eat more for breakfast, whatever. Anyway, it was a fun day all except for the part where we nearly lost our lives!! :)
Friday, June 6, 2008
BIg 2-8
Posted by Jane Clark at 12:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Happy Birthday Jane. Sounds like you had a good one, except for those creepy guys. Strange!
Happy birthday! I'm kind of sorry that Darin didn't have to pull out some of his moves on those guys. Now that would have been an interesting post. It sounds like you got in the middle of some mafia action or something. I don't doubt that Darin could have protected you, though. If nothing else, he could have tidied them up to death. :)
Yeah, I feel like I have been tidied to death today. I wish he'd tidy his messy garage instead of the spotless interior of our home! :) Actually, I am just glad that we got out of there without a cap in our you know where, and that all of us escaped the Sapranos.
Happy Birthday! I didn't realize you were a June birthday. Mine is June 27. You are a year older and wiser then I am though:) I think that is great that Darin took the day off for you. Shopping is a lot easier and more fun with help. Your story is very creepy. I'm glad that nothing happened.
Hope you had a good birthday Jane. At least you aren't as close to the big 3-0 as I am...that story totally gave me goosebumps. I'm glad we don't know what would've or could've happened had you not left so quickly. YIKES! Hope all is good. The girls are darling. I dislike Dora also. See ya soon hopefully. You should come back to your roots :) and run in the Speedy Spaniard with Al and I...what do ya say!
I know I should. Maybe we could all have a slumber party the night before since is starts so early. Would be fun! :)
Hey, you texted me on your b-day about a scary story and you never told me. I guess that must have been the scary story. :) Tell Darin he needs to protect his family and should be armed!! (he he, you know what I'm talking about - total carnage. :)
Hey whats wrong with Dadadada DORA!
Post a Comment