Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Darin's Dad

This was going to be a big weekend for the Clarks, Darin's older brother and his wife were going to be sealed so all of the family was going to be in town. Unfortunately, Darin's dad broke his hip on Monday and will not be traveling for a while so the sealing is post-poned for a few months. It is crazy to me that someone as active and healthy as Gordon can break his hip. He runs like 6-8 miles a day, is really healthy and in my mind isn't old enough to have an injury like this and the way it happened is weird. He was hooking up a trailer to his truck and lifted it, heard a big pop and fell to the ground. He was taken to the hospital at 10 a.m. and wasn't seen by the orthopedic surgeon until 7 p.m. That is a long time to wait. He told Darin that the pain was worse than childbirth. I am not completely sure how he knows this and I am little anxious to give him a hard time about it. The pain meds weren't doing a whole lot for him so they were going to give him an epidural (and maybe a warm blanket). He's now recovering which will probably be the hard part for him because he is on the move all of time. He is busy all the time and has tons of projects. Maile has been so concerned about Grandpa's big owie and how he is going to get to his bed since it is up stairs in his house, and how he is going to get to the table for dinner and all of the other important things in life. She has been praying for his owie to get better so he can come have a slumber party at our new house. Do you think she likes him? She loves him. He is an awesome grandpa and we hope he heals quickly!
I thought it would be cute to put some pictures of the girls with Grandpa Clark but I don't have one where he is looking at the camera so this is the girls with thier cousins wearing Grandpa'a hats

4 comments:

Jeremy and Taren said...

Hey girly. Long time. You have such gorgeous little girls. Wow, Maile is so big. I haven't seen her since she was a baby. How is life? Keep in touch. Do you mind if I add you?

Mikaela said...

That is crazy about Darin's dad. I hope he has a quick recovery and can come to the slumber party Maile has planned!

Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're now as old as the rest of us! hehe!

Jane Clark said...

I know I have caught up to the rest of you old ladies once again, but not for long September is just around the corner!!!

Tam said...

Your post "Messy Mad" was simply inspiring! I have decided my makeup now needs a safe and private sanctuary (pretending that's possible with a 3 year old). So sorry you had to be the one to have that happen to. I hope you don't mind I added your link to ours.