Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Daddy Daycare

Last night I left to go running and on my way down the hill I ran in to some girls from my ward and stopped to chat. Thank goodness I did because after talking for a minute here comes Madalyn walking down the sidewalk (about 4 houses from home) all by herself. I scooped her up and carried her home to find her dad incredibly busy in front of the computer and on the phone. The door was wide open and he had no idea she was gone. Good thing I stopped to talk! The scary thing aside from kidnappers, pedophiles, speedy divers and a child who finds joy in being in the street, is the neighbor on the corner just filled his water fall with a pool that is only 6 feet deep. Looks like a kid magnet to me. My girls are dying to get close to it and since there is no fence around it and it is only a few feet from the sidewalk I am ultra paranoid that they will somehow end up in it. In Darin's defense Madalyn is super speedy and sneaky. When I carried her home I asked her what she was doing? She said Maile's mean and she wanted to come with me. I guess there was a disagreement and she was out of here. I am so glad I was saw her. I hate to think of all the things that could have happened. And Darin is still feeling really bad about losing track of her.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kids are very quick. It is easy to lose track of them. I'm glad you were right there. Water really scares me also with the kids.

Jody said...

I'm calling CPS. Darin can say goodbye to his kids.