About 3 this afternoon I decide that we have had enough of our house and head to Target. There were a few things that I wanted to pick up that are a good deal this week, and with Maile's birthday a few weeks away I thought I should buy now. Anyway, as we pull in to the parking lot the girls start asking for a "fun cart". A "fun cart" is not really that fun if you are a mom, unless your kids are lame and don't move, or maybe they are not lame but they are better behaved than my kids, I prefer lame. :) I really have these carts because they are the size of a semi and don't turn right and my kids swing on the bar and they straps are retarded, or my kids are geniuses, and they get out of them. So I am battling my kids all the way through because of the "fun cart". Finally, I had had enough. I buckled them in and in my very serious, you don't want to mess with me, I am going to open a can, Mom voice, tell them that if they try to get out again.......You get the point. When we finally make it up to the check-out where I discover all manner of miscellaneous objects that I am not buying and hand them to the cashier. By her body language I could see she was very annoyed already. All of the sudden Maile starts yelling "Mom, Madalyn peed all over the cart!" I was like OMG!!! I quietly tell the cashier, who wanted to act oblivious to what was happening in her lane, what had happened and she tells me to park the cart with the rest of them!! I was like are you for shizzle????? So I tell her again real quietly, trying not to draw too much attention, and explain to her that the strap is between her legs in the direct line of urine, and that there was a puddle of pee-pee on the base of the cart. I offered to clean it myself if she could get me some disinfectant. Honestly, I think she would have done nothing about it if the manager hadn't walked over to see what was going on. The manager took the cart and we left. I couldn't believe that that woman was going to let someone else put their kids in that cart. It so nasty to think of all of the nastiness that there is on those things.
Sorry to be so gross in this post but I was really blown away by all of it.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Target Run
Posted by Jane Clark at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yeah, that's pretty nasty! I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to let you put a cart back w/ pee on it. Btw, I love your blog, and I'm glad you started one! :)
This is why I never go to the store alone with Carter. I know I only have one kid, but one is hard enough. I hope Target turns out better next time. Alan
Jane! Funny story. Glad I found your blog. Your family is so cute! How's your family? Tell everyone I said hi!
Amber
I think you should have taken it as a compliment!!!! She could see what a great mom you are and how darling your girls are and just couldn't fathom anything unsanitary exiting such a cute being!!!
Funny story and the only reason I laugh is because of my experiences I have at the store all of the time! Luckily no pee...yet but still. I found you through other people's blogs and wanted to add you to our's if you'd like. Email us at kiradavid@hotmail.com! Take care, Jane
Post a Comment