Innocence: Simplicity or plainness, bordering on weakness or silliness; ingenuousness.
Darin and the girls were in the church, as they walked by the kitchen Maile says to Madalyn, "Madalyn that is Heavenly Father's kitchen and he used to be in there cooking and making dinner so we need to be quiet in there because it was Heavenly Father's kitchen".
Darin's brother moved in with us this week. The girls were so happy to help him carry all of his stuff to his new room. Among some of his stuff they found a cowboy hat. The girls commented on the hat to me and then stated that they didn't understand why he has a cowboy hat when he doesn't even have a horse.
This one isn't so funny, but over dinner a while ago Maile asked my how chicken becomes chicken. I immediately begin explaining how humans have human babies, and chickens have chicken babies. She's looking at me like what are you talking about. I was confused and looked at Darin like did I say something wrong. Darin responds; "she means how does it get on her plate", then the light bulb came on for me and I let Darin take that one.
The other day while I was eating a granola bar, Maile asked me if I had a baby in my tummy. I said no. She said, well Mrs. Brooksby does and says she has to eat lots of granola bars so her baby doesn't get hungry in her tummy. Maile's pre-school teacher is expecting a baby and has been pretty sick so she has been snacking during class to keep her stomach settled. She talked to the kids and made her announcement as well as giving a simple explanation why she has been eating granola bars. I wonder if the same equation is in all of the kids minds, granola bar= baby?
I asked Maile what they had talked about in school one day, which is usually a very elaborate dissertation of the full 2 hours she was there and since I am usually humored I always ask. She tells me they learned about King Obama. Initially, I was like WHAT?? King...I don't think so. I question Mai suggesting President Obama, she insisted it was King Obama making the motion of placing a crown on her head. I let her continue and she was saying how sad it was for King Obama because the people killed him and that they wouldn't let him sit on the front of the bus or in the coffee shop. I made the connection and suggest Martin Luther King, she still protests and continues and pulls out her craft for the day. It is a paper full of hands in all different skin colors. In the middle of the paper is a heart that says " Love comes in many colors! I can show my love to others by..., and each one the hand has ways Maile came up with to show her love. My favorite one says, " If I'm a different color than my babysitter I can still let her come". Overall, I think she got the point.
Madalyn was playing with Maile and some friends in the basement. Madalyn comes upstairs sad because someone laughed at her. She told me what happened and I asked her if it hurt her feelings, she said; "yes, they maked me have a frowny face", poor little thing.

6 comments:
I love your posts! You have the cutest girls ever! I love how you enjoy them... You are a great mom!
Oh My Gosh that is so cute... I love those little moments!!!
Kids imaginations are the best..don't you just love hearing what they are "really" thinking.
I LOVE your girls!
Okay, seriously, I am cracking up over here! Your girls are little minis of you, SO FUNNY! :) Glad Maile got a lesson in where babies come from...I mean, sheesh, all she asked about was chicken!
Thanks, Jane, I needed that!
Post a Comment