Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well...........
Nearly all of Madalyn's thoughts these days begins with "well..." So last night when she should have been in bed she brings me a handful of fingernail polishes. She asks me to paint the toes for her and when I tell her it is time for bed and that I wouldn't be painting her toes until the morning she starts opening the bottles of polish. I jump up and say no,no,no and take them from her. She looks at me, puts her hand up as if she is going to really make things perfectly clear for me and says, "well.......I am three years old Mom, I think I can paint my own".
So little but so grown up!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I my goodness, you're going to have to watch that one when she's a teenager!

Mikaela said...

Good thing she's cute huh? lol! She is so sassy...hmmmm, I wonder where she would get it from?

Btw, your girls are just so sweet! I'm glad that you guys came over to play that day. We need to do that more often. McKay's been asking for Mailadyn! haha!

Tam said...

Your girls make me smile! They both have their own little spunkiness that makes them so much fun! I'm glad to hear Caden's not the only one that combines your girls names Mailadyn, Mailyn, Madaile etc. He's recently started calling them Jane, I guess he just gave up on the whole thing.

The Davis Diaries said...

How cute! I think our girls have to be strong willed though, look at all the junk they are going to have to keep out. The trick is pointing that stubborness and hard headedness in the right direction. If you have any golden ideas about how to do that I could sure use some on my girls! Yikes!

The Palmers said...

Sounds like a smart little girl to me. She is 3 after all! :0)

Mike and Kelli said...

Jane! Check out my sister's blog and try to win her sweet giveaway!

www.cottagequotes.blogspot.com

xoxo, Kelli