In one ear.....out the other!
The girls have had these real bad colds since about Saturday. Generally at our house a cold turns into an ear infection (or two). I guess Darin had had a conversation with a lady at work about ear infections. She had lots of advice some of which we took. Last night we mixed rubbing alcohol and vinegar and dropped it in the girls ears. Don't worry, I know it sounds like a potent mix but the girls loved it tickling their ears all the way in besides, if it is going to kill an infection it has to be potent, right? Anyway, so Madalyn was our first patient. She was quite cooperative, she laid very still and anxiously waited to feel the liquid running into her ear. All went well so we had her flip over so we could doctor her other ear. When she sat up there was a wet spot on her pillow. Darin excitedly pointed to the wet dot and said, or yelled rather, "Hey!", thinking it was our cocktail that had run out the other side. I wish I had a picture of his face as the wheels were turning in his brain trying to sort the wet spot out. I took personal delight in informing him that the wet spot hadn't run out of her ear but had run out of her mouth, aka drool. We laughed and laughed and laughed! This might go down with other great 'Deep thoughts by Darin' like "touch face" and others like it! :)

2 comments:
That is so funny!
So, did it work? Vinegar and alchohal were common ear remedies in my home growing up. Its the best cure for swimmers ear. Although even better than rubbing alchohal is the real stuff....Everclear. Can you just imagine my mom at the licor (sp) store buying Ever Clear? But, it worked wonders! :)
Post a Comment