Darin's first love died this summer. Darin bought this car when he came home from his mission and has adored it since. In May the timing belt ( I think), or maybe it threw a rod (whatever that means) anyway, it died and wasn't worth fixing. Darin was heart broken to say the least. All summer long he spent his time gutting it. Really, he was bidding it farewell and reminiscing of all of the good times they had together, I even thing he cried about the sudden tragedy. When it came time to take it to the junk yard he took great care in finding a yard that would salvage every last piece of car and not just crush it and melt it down. When it came down to it he sold it to a junk yard that is very close to his office so he could drive by and check on it if he wanted/needed to. Our whole marriage I have trashed this car and Darin has had this weird love for it. I thought it was just to get me but when ol' blue died I knew that the 'Lude was really his first love. All I have to say is that I am glad that b*$&# died so I can now be #1 in my mans life. :)
Poor girl was so gutted that she couldn't get on the trailer herself so we had the neighbor come pick her up and gently lay what was left of her on the trailer.
One last picture. (sniff, sniff)

0 comments:
Post a Comment