We didn't really spend that much time on The Strip, it is so yucky!! We did go to The Body which was amazing. If you haven't heard about it Google it, and try to go. It is this huge exhibit that dissects the body and breaks it down into systems and has an exhibit on each. The really cool thing is that they have found a way to preserve the human body so it will never decay. The bodies used in the exhibit are all actual human bodies. It was do cool. For the Circulatory System they injected the veins with a rubbery substance which if I didn't know better I would say it was impression material from the the good ol' D.D.S. Anyway, they injected it into the body and when it hardened they peeled (if I can be so gruesome) the rest of the body away. It was cool because it was in the shape of a person only it looked like a very complicated maze. Since I have been home I have heard that that isn't what they really did because the veins and vessels would be destroyed when they began to peel the body from them. This is probably true but the idea is interesting. The other part that I can't get over was the pre-natal section. They had actual miscarriages for basically every week of gestation. They took each week and displayed it so you could see how it changed from week to week. It is an absolute miracle how a baby forms! I already knew that but to see it the way it was displayed was so amazing.
The other thing I learned that I can't erase from my mind is that it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound and you have to burn an extra 3500 calories to lose a pound. This sure has made me think twice about what I am putting in my chomper. When I read that I seriously about....I don't know. I couldn't believe it. What I did was pulled out my cell phone and multiplied 3500 by the amount of weight I gained in my last pregnancy.---That's a lot of extra Artic Circle milkshakes! (Julie:)) Just food for thought!! LOL!!
We had to walk down the Strip like a bunch of cattle because that is what you do in Vegas, all part of the experience. I am a total sucker for the dancing water at the Bellagio. It is so pretty, it almost makes you forget you are in the dirtiest p
lace on earth!
We stayed at a beautiful resort. The pools were great and the sun was hot. I did get a little burned but not near what Darin did. Poor white guy burns every time. I love to be a total pool rat which we tried for a few hours. It was great to not have to worry if one of my kids were drowning or if they needed another coat of sunscreen, or even more likely if Madalyn had found somebody's soda and decided to help herself. That is her famous SevenPeaks trick, find some lonely soda and suck it down as fast as possible!!
All of our pictures were taken at the Bellagio. It is so fancy. I love the blown glass flower in the top one. Pretty, pretty!!
]
I am not completely sure how this picture of the Bride of Frankenstein found it way here, since its here I think I'll just leave it. This is Mai in her wedding dress and she has also done what appears to be wedding make-up. She is closing her eyes so we can all get a real good look at her work. I think she did a great job! You're beeeeautiful Maile!!

4 comments:
I'm glad that you got some time without the kiddies and that you got to see some cool things. You guys look great!
Thanks a lot for the reminder about the 3500 calories - I just polished off a snickers ice cream bar and a piece of lemon cake.
I'm so jealous about your fun no-kids trip. Those trips are the best, but they are addicting... And by the way HOTTIE- you are looking so freaking skinny!
Post a Comment