Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Homecoming!

I don't know if all kids are this way but when I leave there is some serious wailing going on. Maile is bawling and clinging to me like she is never going to see me again. It can be so frustrating. When I leave to go running is when it is the very worst. I think she is being very manipulating. Darin says that the instant I am gone she is perfectly fine. I can't figure it out. Anyway, I must say I love the homecoming. When they hear me come in the door it is almost as if an orchestra starts playing St Elmo's Fire, and everything turns to slow motion. The girls come running (to the beat of the orchestra of course) with open arms and big smiles, trying the beat the other one to me so they get the first hug, and telling me "I miss you, Mama". When Mad says that my heart melts. It is so sweet. I am so happy to be a Mom, even if I have to peel an over emotional 4 year old from my leg 4 times a week!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I go through this with Sam and Carter also. Tonight I left for a while and for the first time in a long time sam said "Bye Mom, drive safe, I love you." Then he gave me a hug and kiss and that was that. It was amazing! The homecomings are fabulous.

Jody said...

St. Elmo's Fire??!! I haven't thought of that song since I played it on the clarinet in 7th grade band!