They really are quite a treat, don't you think, those fortune cookies? My girls love them. Obviously it's the fortune inside that makes them so special. Last week, in the cafeteria, Maile was more than excited to hear that she didn't have to go to Panda Express to get Orange Chicken, rice and a fortune cookie, she only needed to head to her own school cafeteria. I might add that school lunch has come a LOOOOOONG way since the 80's....moving on. When she got off the bus the first thing she said was "read my fortune", it read, "you are compassionate and fun-loving". Her eyes lit up and a huge smile took over her face. She excitedly told me, "that is the only fortune that is exactly like me". I have to agree that she is compassionate and fun-loving. I also didn't think she would have any idea what the two terms would mean. I guess the only thing the fortune left out was witty and smart! :)
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment