Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sleepless in Herriman

So here I am again exercising my insomnia. I have been laying in bed thinking about all sorts of random things when my latest excursion to Lagoon enters my brain. I was beginning to get the giggles so rather than giggle Darin from his slumber I am going to giggle in front of the computer as I try to paint a few comical pictures from my day at Lagoon.
First of all I must tell you that I have only been to Lagoon twice prior to my latest experience, neither of which amounted to the extreme fun I had this time. The first time I think I was like 5, actually I am pretty sure I was 5. I know this because I remember wearing my new school shoes, which were pink Keds ( I was that cool even in 1985), and riding the bumper cars with my first love, Travis Warr. Many of you may know him, for the record we were pre-destined to be play yard crushes since our older siblings called him Jane-Lover, (and still do according to his mom, what can I say? some of us are harder to get over than others) and me, Travis-Lover for as far back as I can remember. Nonetheless, he held the door for me at one point of another that day and I have never forgotten this. My first experience of chivalry, I guess. That all changed later chivalry was out that door and he turned into a boy. I recall a serious shiner compliments of him and a treadmill experience that I won't go into.
Moving right along, the second was with my roommates, honestly I don't think it was that great.
This time I was invited to go with some wild and unruly girls from my ward with no kids! That's right, no kids. I must say that I felt super guilty about going without my family but that only lasted until we got on our way. I had so much fun getting to know them.
Before we entered the gate I am pretty sure we all noticed an odd pair buying tickets. From behind we all assumed that she was his mom, but from the front we realized that Rasputia and Norbit had made their way to UT. Throughout the day we kept catching glimpses of them. My personal favorite encounter was on the "Blast-off" when Norbit seemed to be lost. Nope,not lost, just waiting for his damsel, who was actually tall enough to get on the ride. Then there was the lady with the haircut. I thought I was being a good friend when I suggested that one of our party should maybe think about cutting her hair like our fellow citizen. The only response I got was a good laugh, or cackle, if you will. Tammy, I will forever remember the "cackle" and even more remember how it escalated every time you caght a glimpse of your next haricut. For some reason while on the rides I was getting serious dry mouth, this wasn't true for all who participated, someone had the opposite effect. I am just glad that I wasn't sitting behind her. :) Then in Subway, "Uh, I think that's enough pickles.". Oh and that old rickety roller-coaster that was making that loud rubbing noise that sounded like we might fall off the track. I'm no expert but maybe that one should be retired.
I also learned some valuable lessons, like don't call the 18 yr old out for flirting with your married friend--he might give you whiplash, and so will the Jet-Star. And if you ride the bumper cars, don't use red #8, unless you aren't into driving and more sitting. You are probably guaranteed no whiplash that way.
I seriously don't think I have laughed that hard forever. The muscles in my face were tired and my stomach muscles were sore. Maybe the sore stomach was from the mouse ride that tried to knock the wind out of me.....twice.
All of the rest of the dare devils had this great idea to put their hands in the air on some of the rides. The scariest ride actually. I was too chicken, though. I was just trying not wet myself...or swear, actually. Good times! I can't wait for our next adventure.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I LOVE times like that where you laugh so hard it hurts.

The Napiers said...

I nearly wet myself reading that!! Ahh good times, good times.

BTW - Bounce back is next week SATURDAY!!! You comin?

Jane Clark said...

If I can get away

Tam said...

Oh Jane, You are so hysterical! I was cackling so hard reading this that I think I frightened Caden. He ran, yes ran, from the back of our house yelling "What mom?!! What?!!"

Glad to hear Maile has some decent toys! I was contemplating calling CPS........JK She is darling and I can appreciate her toy pickins'. BTW...she has just about mastered the Boom, Boom, Boom, and she's clearly a natural with Macarena Months! You'll have to have her show you.

PSS..Justin LOVED his special surprise. He hung it up in his office at work.