I have been on the phone with customer service a lot today. Alisha, the over the top, super friendly but incredilby annoying customer service chick, asks me if I had a good day at work...in her incredibly fake "friendly" voice. I reply saying I am still at work. She says (in her voice) "Oh, you're a stay at home mom?" When I confirmed, she responds "That's the hardest job in the world!"
OK, that is the lamest line "in the world." I hate so bad when peolple say this to me. I wanna be like so did you hear that on Oprah or something? And do I look like I need a pep talk? Another thing is that most people that use this line are generally people that don't have kids or are the kind of people who say they are never going to have kids. I am sure this chick thought she was giving me a compliment but I think she should come up with her own line and quit stealing Op's because when Op used it the first time it was already lame.
AHHHH, I feel better!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Best Job in the World!
Posted by Jane Clark at 4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are so funny! Personally, I can think of several jobs that are harder than "mom". Doesn't she ever watch Dirty Jobs? At least our kids love us! You can't beat that!
True,and I can hardly think of how hard it might be to be a brain surgeon. It bugs because she thinks she is validating me, when I don't need validation. Really, I should have told her that she has the best job in the world working for Tmobile! :)
I feel exactly the same way. When people say that I want to punch them in the neck as hard as I can.
I guess I've had some super easy jobs cause mothering McKay's like the most difficult and hardest thing I've ever done...if someone said that to me, I'd reply with a big HELL YEAH, it really is! lol! It is annoying when random strangers tell you crap though...like you need their opinion!
Hey, been thinking about you lately...have you started school? Hopefully we'll be down in Utah soon...I know I keep saying that, but this time, we really will be down there soon, and we can see each other!
Definitely need a bounce back!! I couldnt be more happy and excited that you came with us. Im good for the 26th (i think thats the saturday).
Mullets ROCK!
-sues
Post a Comment