Monday, August 17, 2009

Just to vent for a minute. I have this incredibly tactless neighbor. About a week ago I was out front with my girls and this neighbor happens to be out at the same time. We have always been friendly to each other and have considered her a friend. She is generally polite but I could see how she might be one of those "open your mouth and let your brains fall out" kinda people. So, we are outside and she asks me how I have been feeling, referring to the pregnancy. I tell her I am beginning to feel a lot better. She continues, " I wasn't going to say anything but you sure were getting big there for a while but you seem to be slimming down now, have you been walking?" Obviously, my jaw is about on the ground and my eyes are welling up with tears. How can she be so thoughtless. The only thing I can think of saying is that it must be what I am wearing that day.


So today, Madalyn and I are getting back from our walk and here is this dumb lady again. She again asks how I am feeling then goes on to reiterate what she said to me last week. You can imagine what I am thinking....She says, " you really must be cutting back because you have really slowed down, what are you doing? ( meaning what are you doing to lose all this weight while you are pregnant, you lard ass?) I can't even think of anything to say so I tell her I have visiting teachers coming and that I need to get inside. But she insists, what are you doing (you fat ass) to slim down? So finally I say, " I guess that is the curse of pregnancy, you have to get good and hefty around the middle before you get that pregnant belly." I have no idea what to say to her. What I would like to say would be less than polite and include some vulgar name calling. She better not say it again or she might really get it!


6 comments:

Rachel said...

anyone who says anything like that to a pregnant woman is glutten for punishment. You go right ahead and do that name calling next time!

Kristi Adams said...

Way to restrain yourself! I would love you to let her have it next time. She definitley has it coming!

The Napiers said...

What the....

Phipps Family said...

I really really think that she isn't trying to be mean! She is the sweetest lady and I really don't think she means it the way you think she does! You know you are pregnant and it's healthy for the baby for you to gain weight. I'll come slap you if you stop gaining weight. Do what's best for the baby and don't worry about what other people say. And when you are feeling not so great just remember that even other peoples children think your hotter then their own mother!

Mikaela said...

I don't know HOW I missed this post. You probably realized I did because you knew I'd have an opinion. I CANNOT believe someone would say that to you. I honestly think a book should be written about the crappy things people say to you when you're knocked up. Btw, when I last saw you, I didn't think you looked bad at all. I am laughing right now though, can't lie. Not at you, but at her, what a DUMB ASS completely. How f-ing ballsy! Maybe you should take a crap in a bag, light it on fire, and then ring the doorbell at her house! just a thought...wish I was closer, I'd do it for you! ;)

Robyn said...

So I'm blog stalking you, and you probably wont even get this cuz you need to update girl!:) But... I'm pretty dang sure I know who you douche of a neighbor is, and I have been rolling laughing! She is kinda a social retard, just so you know, and she has no room to talk, you looked great your whole pregnancy! So she can eat it! And if it's who I think it is, come over one day, and Ill tell you some great stories about her!!:)