Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cooking Class

Waaaaayyyyy back in October a friend and I took a cooking class at Thanksgiving Point featuring Kelsey from last season's Next Food Network Star. Lisa and I kept up on the show together so it was so fun to get to see her live in action! When it aired and hoped Kelsey would win she didn't but she is plenty busy otherwise. She told us all about everything she has going on including an Internet cooking show. She also gave us a little insight on the show and some behind the scenes info. Kesley is a super cute girl, she is so normal, she even suggested buying appliances from Wal-Mart which shocked me coming from a real chef.
This was so fun and her food was so good! I especially loved her Butternut Squash Soup. I was a little nervous about it but it is delish and has become one of my favorites.
Thanks for the invite Lisa, this was too fun!!
Oh, and she is tiny!! I am darn near on my knees in this picture. I don't think we could have gotten both of us in the same frame otherwise. When I stood next to her I felt as tall as Shrek!
Check out kelseyskitchen.com, she has some really simple recipes with normal ingredients!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds like so much fun. I would love to take a cooking class!

L'erin said...

MMMM that soup sounds tasty, i want the recipe. And p.s. you are more like princess fiona-the non ogre version. Your hair is smmmokin hot! I always wish that i would have been a better neighbor and hung out with you. Most the neighborhood is lame. Not gonna miss it. Sorry somerset gals lol