I'm awake and I should be sleeping. I think I am a little nervous about leaving the girls for so many days. I don't understand how some moms can leave their kids and it doesn't seem like a big deal. In reality it probably is hard for all moms not just me. I guess it isn't hard enough since I have no intention of staying, or inviting them to come along for that matter.
Earlier tonight we went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. If you live here you should go. Actually the actual festival is over but lets be honest, there will be more tulips in bloom next week than there are this week. It has been so cold that there is still tons of tulips to be seen. The girls and I went with my mom. It was nice to get outside and it wasn't even that cold. The girls saw some other kids rolling down a hill and had to join in. I wish I had had my camera. Madalyn did more flailing than rolling which was entertaining. Just before we left we saw a rabbit. The girls and I chased it while my mom took our empty stroller up the walkway. When we met up she said that she thought we were with her and that she commented on how big the rabbit was. A man that was near her heard her and noticing that no one else was around agreed with her. My mom was a little embarrassed to be talking to herself and pushing an empty stroller, sure paints kind of a crazy picture doesn't it? We had a good laugh about it afterwards. From there we went to Iceberg for some grub. The milkshakes are huge. We barely put a dent in it between the 4 of us. Darin was real happy when brought the half gallon of ice cream in a cup home.
Maile fell asleep on the way home and the whole way Madalyn is telling me to be quiet so I wouldn't wake her up. It was nice to have a few hours with Mad before she went to bed. It seems like I don't have alot of alone time with her. She has a super funny personality that really comes out when her big sister isn't dominating. She is also a little snuggler. She wanted to lay on my bed, suck her cute little thumb and cuddle. She would rub my back and cheek and say "I lub you too." It is so sweet! When Darin finally came home I thought she would be interested in him like she normally is but she wasn't. I think she knows something is up. She also told me out of the blue, "Gramma mean", I think because she has figured out that I am leaving and Grandma is watching her, poor thing!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Paranoia will destroy ya and so will insomnia!!
Posted by Jane Clark at 11:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You have the cutest little family. It's great to hear your stories, they make me laugh. Keep them coming!
That's hilarious about your mom! We've all done that before! When are you going to Vegas? I'm sure the kids will be just fine without you. I think the first time you really ever leave them, is the hardest. I've left McKay now about 3 times, and let me tell you, the first was the hardest, and then it gets easier! Have a fun time!
Don't worry your little kiddos will be just fine. I'm sure you're having pre-vaction jitters but once you're gone you'll be just fine. Just think of all the grandma time they'll be getting.
I tried looking up hipari.com and it said it didn't exist and it gave me a couple of alternatives that were similar but it just came up with funkyness. Are you sure that's the sight? And Modbes really do fade? Really bad? Thanks for the heads up.
Post a Comment