Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gotta update my list....

For Christmas this year I told Darin that all I wanted him to get me was to do a few small things around the house. Actually, they are big things but I didn't want to intimidate him. :) The first thing I wanted was some serious work in our laundry room. It is pretty big room for just a laundry room, especially compared to our last place, and is really supposed to be more of a mud room as well. So, I asked Darin if he could do something about a folding counter or cupboards, or both. Honestly, I wasn't planning on getting it, but I thougtht I would put the bug in his ear and maybe, just maybe something would come of it. Well, last week he called me from work and asked me what I thought about a certain style and color of cabinet. He then told me that they were changing out the cabinets in a kitchen display at work and that he got the cabinets for FREE! Horray! He thinks they will be perfect for what I have in mind. Now all I need is a granite remnant.......anyone? Anyone?????

7 comments:

The Napiers said...

You cant post stuff like that, it just makes me more jealous of you. Beauty, brains and now FREE CABINETS!!!

Andy and Robyn said...

Oh that is SO awesome!! Can he come to my laundry room next?!?!?

Phipps Family said...

Nice! Nothing is better than free!

Rachel said...

Hey, I just tagged you on my blog. You gotta do this one..

The Hokanson Family said...

You're so lucky Jane! He's such a handy guy, always building something cool. I wish you would post pictures of your house...Al says it's beautiful.

Kristi Adams said...

I love it when that happens!

Courtney ♥ said...

SCORE!!!